> So C:\Ruby193\bin *is* in the PATH.

My apologies. When I go to a normal command prompt, the path is:

PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program
Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\MPEG

So, C:\Ruby193\bin is not in the path. So sorry I managed to paste the
same thing twice in my last post.

> so:
>
> ruby -v
>
> Should work.

It works when I 'start command prompt with Ruby'. Not
otherwise.

> Please verify that C:\Ruby193\bin directory contains "ruby.exe" file in
> it.

Yes it does.

> Also, do you have *any* Antivirus software installed? perhaps something
> is blocking Ruby from working properly.

Definitely have anti-virus...

Thanks!