Hussain A. wrote in post #1036449:

> I have reinstalled a couple of times now, making sure the option was
> checked at the time of installation. Restarting after each uninstall and
> reinstall. Still doesn't work.

Are you talking about a fresh command prompt *after* you installed?

What is the value of PATH?

I recommend you join RubyInstaller list:

http://groups.google.com/group/rubyinstaller/

And provide the more information about your environment, environment
variables (like PATH, HOME, etc) and other details for the guys be able
to help you.

> Is it possible that the problem has to do with the permissions I have on
> my machine (I am using my work machine, on which I have limited rights).
> It is letting me install Ruby without raising errors though.

RubyInstaller works good in both admin and non-admin set of permissions
so it can work under limited rights without issues.

--
Luis Lavena