> There is an option in the installer to make Ruby and other Ruby provided
> executables available in your PATH.
>
> It is called "Add Ruby executables to your PATH".
>
> And by default is unchecked to avoid it interfere with other Ruby
> installations in your system.
>
> You can start the installer again, select that option and will require
> closing and starting both the command prompts and the editors so they
> get the PATH changes.
>
> --
> Luis Lavena

Thanks Luis for the response.

I have reinstalled a couple of times now, making sure the option was
checked at the time of installation. Restarting after each uninstall and
reinstall. Still doesn't work.

Is it possible that the problem has to do with the permissions I have on
my machine (I am using my work machine, on which I have limited rights).
It is letting me install Ruby without raising errors though.

Thanks.