I would like to do web programming, integration, and coding mainly.  I
have a descent budget and I can get a virtual box to set up Fedora( or
any other linux OS) if needed.  The books you recommended, are they
ebooks?  I am extremely dedicated to learning programming and I really
want to do this.  Do you have any suggestions on small projects I can do
to start out doing?

One more thing, do you know of any other Ruby websites that would be of
help?  I was doing an internship at Rackspace and one of the ruby
developers gave me a lot of links and I didn't save them.  One of those
websites was a site where they give you a program that has an error in
it and you have to try to figure out the problem and fix it before you
go onto the next one.