Hussain A. wrote in post #1036281:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a similar problem, but the solutions discussed here don't seem to
> be working for me. Actually I have two problems, but am sure they are
> related to the same issue.
>
> If I start the command prompt by clicking on "start command prompt with
> Ruby", then Ruby commands are available; i.e., I can type "ruby
> helloworld.rb" (where helloworld.rb is a file I have created) and it
> will execute the code. However, if I go to the command prompt using
> start menu and typing "cmd", it does not respond to "irb", "ruby -v",
> "ruby helloworld.rb", etc.

There is an option in the installer to make Ruby and other Ruby provided
executables available in your PATH.

It is called "Add Ruby executables to your PATH".

And by default is unchecked to avoid it interfere with other Ruby
installations in your system.

You can start the installer again, select that option and will require
closing and starting both the command prompts and the editors so they
get the PATH changes.

--
Luis Lavena