Hi all,

I have a similar problem, but the solutions discussed here don't seem to
be working for me. Actually I have two problems, but am sure they are
related to the same issue.

If I start the command prompt by clicking on "start command prompt with
Ruby", then Ruby commands are available; i.e., I can type "ruby
helloworld.rb" (where helloworld.rb is a file I have created) and it
will execute the code. However, if I go to the command prompt using
start menu and typing "cmd", it does not respond to "irb", "ruby -v",
"ruby helloworld.rb", etc.

The attached screenshot shows the problem, with top left showing the cmd
prompt with Ruby, and the bottom left showing the normal cmd prompt
(giving the error "ruby is not recognized as an internal or external
command, operable program or batch file"). I reinstalled twice, making
sure I check the 3 check boxes during installation, but still have the
same problem.

Additionally, if I use SciTE to try to run a program called
"helloworld.rb", it gives me the error "the system cannot find the file
specified". Again, shown on the screenshot, right side.

Any suggestions? Much appreciate the help.

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6834/cmdError.jpg