hi,
As far as I know, I can create Arrays and Hashes in Ruby at least in two
ways, either by:

        a = []
or by:
        a = Array.new

I'm coming from JavaScript world and in JS the first form is prefered over
the second one. Is there any difference in Arrays (and Hashes) created in
Ruby by [] (and {} respectively) and Array.new (Hash.new) ?

I tried to answer myself searching in google and the only conclusion I
found is that, when creating arrays with elements, one should use:

        a = ["Ala", "ma", "kota"]

but on the other hand, for empty array with element added dynamically
later, following form is more accurate:

        a = Array.new   # not a = []
        a.push(...)

Is that right, or have I misunderstood something here?

thanks,
jm.