Hello all,

I have recently released Cherry Blosxom 0.1.5 to the world.  It is
available here:

http://65.215.8.196/cherryblosxom

working demo here:
http://65.215.8.196/cgi-bin/cherryblosxom

What is Cherry Blosxom, and why is it spelled that way?

First answer, Cherry Blosxom is a Ruby port of the Perl script Blosxom,
available here:

http://www.oreillynet.com/~rael/lang/perl/blosxom/

from that page: "Blosxom [pronounced "blossom" or "blogsome"] is a
lightweight yet feature-packed Weblog application designed from the ground
up with simplicity, usability, and interoperability in mind."

Cherry Blosxom is the same thing, only written in Ruby.  The two are
essentially compatible, with some slight differences due to the way I
wanted to handle variables in strings #{var} instead of $var and the
cgi.url method not being available in CGI.rb.  I would like to note that
this code is very ugly, and exists pretty much as a proof of concept of a
Ruby blogging tool.  I would appreciate any feedback, and will be posting
my ideas of the future of such a tool as well.

Second answer, it's spelled 'osx' because the original Blosxom was meant
to be easily installed on OS X.

Please have fun with the code (probably more fun if you don't look at how
ugly it is :), and keep me updated if you throw it online.

-Rich

PS eval is used in this script!!!  I'd gladly get rid of it if there's a
good way to.