Hi Glenn,

Some options:

- Google "batch print rtf".
- More directly relating to Ruby: Google "ruby automate word" (this is
probably your best bet).

If these don't suffice, AutoIT is good for driving generic Windows GUIs.
I've also used Ruby to drive AutoIT before. It took a bit of messing
about to get working how I wanted it, but it was extremely useful once
working. I used this setup for mass installs on different machines in a
short time window when a GUI install was the only viable option.

It's been a while since I've played with this sort of stuff, but most of
the resources from the searches above look good. :)

I hope this helps.

Garth