On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Marc Heiler <shevegen / linuxmail.org> wrote:
> The problem lies with the &: notation in itself. It is shorter
> and thus people will use it. But it does not change the fact
> that it simply is ugly.

Please note that this is not "&:" notation - it is just "&" because
the colon belongs to the symbol name.

> Sadly, Ruby is going that direction lately, with the introduction
> of the -> syntax notation, which I absolutely loathe. Perhaps

It is quite appealing for mathematically inclined, I believe.

> others love it but I for one don't think we should evolve
> in a perl-tradition - in 10 years people may suddenly think
> that perl 6 looks better than ruby because it may have less
> line noise ...

So you are claiming that perl 6 will exist in ten years from now -
quite risky IMHO. ;-)

Cheers

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/