On Dec 8, 2011, at 8:10 PM, Samuel Mensah wrote:

> I have been reading Chris Pine's book for a while now and I'm stuck at
> the chapter where I have to write my own sorting method. All the code =
> tried don't work and when I searched for sorting algorithms and =
programs
> in ruby, ALL the source code I had a look at had a couple of elements =
in
> it that the book I'm reading hasn't taught yet..

Look at these two tutorials:=20

=
http://www.devdaily.com/blog/post/ruby/ruby-how-sort-array-objects-one-fie=
ld-column

=
http://www.devdaily.com/blog/post/ruby/how-sort-ruby-array-objects-multipl=
e-class-fields-attributes

I learned more from reading these two entries than in any book when it =
came to sorting. In particular, I fell in love with the multi class =
field sort. I have been able to do some sorting on data that I could =
have never done otherwise. Walk through the tutorials, if you have an =
IDE step through the code and watch the array and values that get put =
into it and experiment with various sorts.=20

Wayne