Hello,

The previous mail was formatted wrong, so I resend it.

The following two projects have been selected from 16 proposals by the
grant committee.

Ruby reference manual for you, me and everyone
Applicant: Yutaka Hara

Ruby has API documentation only in English and Japanese, and their
works are going separately. This project aims to provide a system for
Ruby's API documentation with a model "one central documentation
(English) and its translations to other languages" to make it easier
to start translating to a new language.

krypt
Applicant: Martin Bo=DFlet

The goal of the krypt project is to provide a platform- and
library-independent cryptography API for Ruby. Not only C-based Ruby
implementations should be able to benefit from it, but there will also
be an implementation for JRuby.

The focus is on providing most of the features in Ruby, while
additionally offering the possibility to integrate OS- or
language-specific native libraries to implement cryptographic
primitives. The milestones of the grant period cover two of the major
building blocks of krypt: a streaming ASN.1 parser and a Ruby DSL for
parsing and encoding arbitrary ASN.1 objects - the basic building
blocks of most cryptographic protocols. There will be 2 separate
implementations for Java- and C-based Rubies to guarantee maximum
performance, offering a Ruby interface that will be used throughout
the library to implement higher-level functionality. Documentation
includes RDoc, general interface documentation in the project wiki, as
well as a technical specification in the form of RSpec specs.

Thanks for the applications.

--=20
Shugo Maeda