BUGFIX:

as of rerun 0.6.3, it polls 1x/sec for keyboard input (e.g. "c" to
clear the screen). This polling requires a momentary setting of the
tty to "raw" mode which unfortunately affects both input and output
streams. So *sometimes* your output loses the ability to turn "LF"
into "CRLF" for just a few msec, and things get all messy.

rerun 0.6.5 fixes this. Your output logs should be as clean as a fresh snow=
fall.

Only tested on Mac OS X Lion. Please let me know if other systems
require other stty tweaks.

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Alex Chaffee <alexch / gmail.com> wrote:
> rerun 0.6.3 released
>
> http://github.com/alexch/rerun
>
> gem install rerun
>
> =3D=3D Description:
>
> Rerun launches your program, then watches the filesystem. If a relevant f=
ile
> changes, then it restarts your program.
>
> Rerun works for both long-running processes (e.g. apps) and short-running=
 ones
> (e.g. tests). So it works like shotgun and autotest (and guard and all th=
> rest).
>
> Rerun's advantage is its simple design. Since it uses standard Unix "SIGI=
NT"
> and "SIGKILL" signals, you're sure the restarted app is really acting jus=
> like it was when you ran it from the command line the first time.
>
> =3D=3D New features:
>
> * better signal handling
>
> * support for "foreman" and Heroku Cedar apps
>
> =A0(And hey, does Shotgun reload your Worker processes if you're using Fo=
reman
> =A0and a Procfile? I don't think it does...)
>
> * On-The-Fly Commands
>
> =A0While the app is (re)running, you can make things happen by pressing k=
eys:

> =A0r - restart (as if a file had changed)
> =A0c - clear the screen
> =A0x - exit (just like control-C)
>

> --
> Alex Chaffee - http://alexchaffee.com