Ah. The reason why I wrote "minimalistic syntax" is because I do agree
that newcomers to Ruby often find parts of it too complicated.

Take Symbols vs. Strings. It is boring. Symbols are boring. Strings are
fun. Whoever recommends using Symbols is boring people.

Do newcomers really need to understand Symbols in order to use Ruby? I
would argue that it introduces a layer of complexity for hardly any real
gain in productivity when writing applications in Ruby.

And there are many more examples I'd change - the class vs. module
distinction, which I still don't like. Class variables, while there are
a few valid use cases, I simply hate them.