On Dec 3, 2011, at 10:02 AM, Aaron D. Gifford wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Isaac Sanders <isaacbfsanders / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why u no use hash?
>
> I was wondering the same thing as Isaac.  Your data seems quite well
> suited to a hash:

I think mostly it's due to my inexperience using Ruby (or any other scripting language that supports hashes). My background in programming/scripting is from days of ole (Fortran, 'c', basic in college) and creating AppleScript code at "the fruit company". I'm really having to brush up on my skills since I'm trying to make my scripts I'm writing now portable outside the Mac OS X platform.

Thank for your example and reminder! It gives me more to think and practice with