Joao Pedrosa wrote in post #1033884:
> Hi,
>
>> Here's the link to the puzzle. It's just a normal sorting.
>> http://www.codechef.com/problems/TSORT/
>
> That has picked up my interest so I've used it to create a new project
> on GitHub for solving Codechef challenges, starting with the Turbo Sort:
>
> https://github.com/jpedrosa/codechef_takes/tree/master/tsort
>
> To make it more of a challenge I've tried to keep the samples more
> faithful to the challenge. Beside Ruby I plan to use Dart and Go as well
> to practice with them. Dart doesn't have an optimized I/O yet. :-)
>
> I've gathered some numbers here:
>
> https://github.com/jpedrosa/codechef_takes/blob/master/tsort/notes.md
>
> I also have taken part in another challenge recently and I put Ruby,
> Dart and Go fighting one another as well:
>
> https://github.com/jpedrosa/luhnybin/blob/master/notes.md
>
> BTW, I have no idea about the versions used by the Codechef folks to
> test the samples sent by the users. Hopefully they are used an
> up-to-date version of Ruby. :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Joao

Hi Joao,

Good thing you did, putting it on GitHub. I saw your solution in
'take.rb'. But currently we need much better algo than that. Because
codechef seems to think that it exceeds '5 seconds'. How did you get the
same thing running on GitHub within a second? Also, codechef uses Ruby
1.9. It's there on their website.