On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 13:40, Mathew S. <onetproductions / gmail.com> wrote:

> Thats what I don't get how and what do I do with rails I would like to
> know if I can make a program like a music player like Pandora? Still
> unclear about it all

Oh!  There is a better place to ask about Rails things, the
rubyonrails-talk Google group, at
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk/.  Meanwhile, to give
you a taste of what Rails can do, check out these lists of well known
sites built with RoR:

 http://www.setfiremedia.com/blog/50-of-the-best-websites-developed-using-ruby-on-rails
 http://rubyonrails.org/applications
 http://www.softwaredeveloper.com/features/best-ruby-on-rails-061307/

If Rails can power Hulu, it can certainly power Pandora.  Any web site
you can imagine, you can *probably* do with Rails -- though if you get
huge amounts of traffic, there may be better solutions for
scalability.

-Dave

--
LOOKING FOR WORK! What: Ruby (on/off Rails), Python, other modern languages.
Where: Northern Virginia, Washington DC (near Orange Line), and remote work.