On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 12:15, Mathew S. <onetproductions / gmail.com> wrote:

> What is you personal best app/project you have made.

In Rails, the best one I've put out for public use would be The
Decider (http://thedecider.heroku.com/).  Without Rails, I haven't
done much I can show, other than Conway's Game of Life with the twist
that it will work in any positive number of dimensions (see my Github
profile at http://github.com/davearonson for two versions), and a
bunch of katas (at http://www.codosaur.us) just for practice.

But mind you, I'm still pretty much an "advanced beginner".  These are
illustrations of what an advanced beginner can do, and the gurus here
will doubtless have much more impressive projects they can show you.

> I'm just trying to figure out how far I can go in Ruby.

As far as you want.  There are many well-known web sites running on
Rails, and other Ruby-based web frameworks.  Anybody know any famous
things running Ruby behind the scenes, but without a Ruby web front
end?

-Dave

--
LOOKING FOR WORK! What: Ruby (on/off Rails), Python, other modern languages.
Where: Northern Virginia, Washington DC (near Orange Line), and remote work.