On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 7:51 PM, Mathew S. <matcsimpson / gmail.com> wrote:

> I need a little help with a step by step of Ruby.
> How I should I begin?

Where are you starting from? How much programming experience do you have?

> How did you start?

I started with the Rubykoans by EdgeCase. It was a good way to learn the
syntax and the good parts.

> What was the biggest problem you've ran into?

It was hard to understand some of the common practices. However, after
reading "Eloquent Ruby" and "Design Patterns in Ruby", I have learned a lot.

> What is the point of Ruby?

idk if there is a real __point__ to it.

> How does it all transfer to Rails?

Rails is an entirely separate language within ruby. I suggest you get
proficient in Ruby before you touch rails. It will make more sense in the
long run.