On 26 Apr 2002, David wrote (more or less):
> Hi everyone, I am an experienced Smalltalk/Java developer, and bought the
> Oreilly "Ruby in a nutshell", but cant make heads or tails of how to actually
> program in ruby. Does anyone know a good website?

Okay, the less immediate, but more informative,  response.

The site is
www.rubygarden.org
I'm getting a 'No response from server' error right now.

The Pickaxe book's formal title is:
Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmer's Guide

It is an *excellent* book, and is as well as being available in trad. form from
Addison-Wesley, is also available in HTML & XML versions under the Open
Publication licence.

Cheers,
     Euan