On 26 Apr 2002, Jim wrote (more or less):
> My idea is to have a Ruby Coding Vacation. I figure a
> modest size group can pick a nice central location and get together
> for ~3-4 days of Ruby coding during the day, with discussions
> in the evenings...  much more hands on than a conference and
> one could work on their own project, but work with a group
> that is also working in a similar area.

> (Truth be told, I think this idea has come about because
> Ruby is like a drug. If I go for more than a couple of
> days without programming in Ruby, I start having withdrawal
> symptons. And, when I do have the opportunity to program in
> Ruby, the time I have is never enought. This ruby vacation
> would be a great way for me to feed my habit.)

Wow - you even need a fix while you're on holiday!

It sounds a good idea to me, and with the right group a very good idea.

I'm in Scotland, so unlikely to participate in a North America jaunt, but I'd
like to hear about it if it happens.

Cheers,
     Euan
xlucid / users.sourceforge.net

'I would live all my life in nonchalance and insouciance,
Were it not for making a living, which is rather a nouciance'
 - Ogden Nash