Another newbie question here:

So: I've installed ruby. I've got the command prompt set up. If I run
"puts 1" it returns "1" and "puts 1+2" returns 3. All seems good.

Then I use SciTE to write a program called "calc.rb" The only line in
"calc.rb" is "puts 1+2" and I expect that it will return "3"

I get to the command prompt, which says "C:\Users\Otto>"

I type "irb" to get into the ruby prompt, changing the prompt to
"irb<main>:001:0>"

The question is: how do I run the calc.rb program?

My tutorial book says that I should type "ruby calc.rb" but this returns
"NameError: undefined local variable or method 'calc' for main:Object
from <irb>:1

What am I doing wrong?