> If I understand correctly:
>
> * 1.9.3-p0 is the current release version.  The -p0 means "patch number
>   zero".
>
> * 1.9.3-head is the cutting-edge version in the main development
>   repository, which may well include some incomplete feature additions
> or
>   changes.
>
> Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

I tried setting rvm's default to 1.9.3 without mentioning "-head"
explicitly. Instead of using the -head installed already, it told me
something like "you don't have -p0 installed." So is rvm always aware of
the latest stable version?

It also strangely kept throwing up this message:
    "A RVM version 1.9.2 is installed yet 1.7.2 is loaded."
Google has nothing to say about this.

Acco to what you say about -head being cutting edge, this means the
-head on my disk could be outdated. How, do i know when the head is
updated ?