I'm still a relative Tk neophyte, so my apologies if this is
a stupid question ...

I have a small application that serialises the details
of a list of Tk commands to an IO and then wants re-execute
them at a later time.

For some reason, doing the original drawing is nice and quick,
but re-executing all the commands seems much, much slower. I'm
guessing that it has something to do with the fact that the
Tk stuff is running in another thread and the tight loop to
execute all the commands is not allowing the Tk thread to get
much chance to do its work.

In any case, I don't really need to see the updates as they
happen.  Is it possible to ask Ruby/Tk to hold off on its
updates while I'm issuing all the commands, and then ask it
to update the screen once I'm finished?

Thanks in advance,

Harry O.