> This might be a bit of an unusual set up but I'd like to have Java
> classes and Ruby scripts (not JRuby) interacting together on a web
> server to provide functionality for a web application. I do know JRuby
> would be the solution for this but I specifically need Java and Ruby for
> some tests I'm carrying out.

Going to need more information than what you've given us. What kind of tests are these that require MRI to be used? If you really do need a non-JRuby solution you're going to have to be a lot more specific about what's stopping you, as most people using Ruby in a Java environment are going to be using JRuby in some capacity. Your situation sounds a bit unique, so I'd just like to get as much information as possible to help get you a reasonable answer.

Regards,
Chris White (Twitter: @cwgem)