Wladimir Mutel <mwg / fluffy.isd.dp.ua> wrote in message news:<slrnacfk58.kq7.mwg / fluffy.isd.dp.ua>...
> ? статье <f69ccee4.0204242203.6cc4101f / posting.google.com> Matt M Sykes написа?(?):
>
> > I'm putting together a stripped-down version of ruby aimed for use in
> > embedded applications.  Among other things it does not have pipes,
> > signals, forks, regular expressions, and file permissions.
> >
> > The motivation is to have a less functional, more portable ruby for
> > driving applications which run on unusual platforms such as the
> > PlayStation 2.
>
> 	Is not it possible to build Ruby on Linux on PlSt-2 ?

It may or may not be possible; I'll know in a few days.  Ruby won't
compile for MacOS9 which is my current problem.

The point, however, was that ruby has alot of functionality which
makes it unnportable to esoteric operating systems.  I was asking
what is Microruby, maybe someone has already started this effort.