Ey guys. Look at this:

 a = "mom"
 if a == ( "dad" || "mom" )
 puts "Hi"
 end

 Very simple. I saw a kind of this exercise in a book that I'm studing(
yes...I'm noob in this ), and I gave it by understood, but now when I'm
practicing i see that...this has not happen. That chunk of code return
me nil...but, judging by the book, that should return me "Hi" right?
Because I say: if a is equal to "dad" or "mom" say "Hi". I don't know if
is my OS( Windows XP SP3( I've had several troubles with it )) or if is
the last version of Ruby, which I am using, the 1.9.3 or what...
 I'll appreciate your time guys, thanks.