"Werner" <werasmus / grintek.com> wrote in message
news:9a8e0212.0204240044.31b06b7e / posting.google.com...
> Hi all,
>
> From the Ruby book (I have to admit I did not read the entire book), I
> deduced that "require" in ruby does kind of the same thing as
> "include" in c/c++.  I then tried to use the Hello world class (in
> Hello.rb) given with the samples within another source file(in the
> same directory) by specifying "Require Hello" - The same way I saw it
> done in library files.  Upon trying to run my little program I got the
> error that the file Hello could not by loaded(same directory???).

[snip]

This should work exactly as you say.  require by default looks in the
current directory.  If you are running script from a different directory it
could be confused, i.e. (sorry I don't speak Windows very well, despite the
fact I'm using it right now :) but the same principle applies):

prompt> ruby somedir/mylittleprogram.rb
==error

(with Hello.rb and mylittleprogram.rb both in somedir, and you in a
different directory)

Can you include a cut and paste of exact code and error message?