I got it working the problem was that .pyrc was not in the home
directory which I thought was %appdata% when in reality it is actually
in  c:\users\user which incidentally seems to wreak havoc with emacs'
initialization since it does in fact search %appdata% like expected.
There does not seem to be a way to specify where Pry should look for
its' initialization file so I have to start emacs before passing
anything through Pry even .emacslient "foo.rb" exhibits this annoying
behavior.