Adam Prescott wrote in post #1031235:
> Have you got this under version control? If so, have you considered
> just using branches? I'm going to use git terminology here, and assume
> your question is about how the gem is developed.

Yes, its in github and I do use branches for experiments. Each version
is saved as a branch after release. That's not the issue. The issue was
with size. and the fact that I felt it would be better splitting it into
multiple gems. Put the basic infrastructural code into a "core" gem.

Put higher abstractions into a separate one. Try to keep core as minimal
and backward compatible so people upgrading don't find apps breaking.
The higher abstractions can have more volatility.

I am also asking whether multiple (separate) gems can be created using
one github repo, or should they have a separate repo each.