On Nov 9, 2011, at 10:25 AM, Martin Hansen wrote:

> OK, it works now. However, I still get a warning:
>=20
>    warning: implicit conversion shortens 64-bit value into a 32-bit=20
> value
>=20
> The offending line is return (s - ss) - 1;  where I expect an int. How=20=

> to make this portable?

IIRC s and ss are pointers to a (the same?) string, right? If they are, =
then this difference here will easily fit into 32bit so you could cast =
to int explicitly:

return (int)((s - ss) - 1)

Or you could change the function definition to return a long instead of =
int and return a 64bit value on 64bit systems.=