Jonan S. wrote in post #1030330:

> Uyen I'm not sure you understand how very public this forum is, and how
> easily someone from your school could question your academic integrity
> with information they find here.

You mean like the professor for the course?  Because that would be me .
. .

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank the members of this
board for their general vigilance in this matter.  As we all know,
students (some students) try this kind of thing all the time, and yet
the community can be relied upon to call them on it.

No one asks you to do that, and certainly, no professor would expect
people who are otherwise just trying to be helpful to act as the ethics
police (nor could I blame anyone who answers the question in good
faith).  But the truth is, someone nearly always calls them on it, and I
think those of us who teach programming are very grateful for your help.
You're upholding the ethical standards of our discipline, and you really
do a great service to the profession by doing so.

Steve