Hiya,

I'm trying to figure out how I would go about parsing a group of files
containing raw log data (results of crontab -l) and convert this data
into a human readable format. The entries in the files are like so:

10,25,40,55 * * * * /some/cron/here > /dev/null 2>&1
30 */4 * * * /some/cron/here

And so on.

I want to get them into this format so I can enter the data into a
spreadsheet:

Cronjob | # of Servers | Every minute | Every hour | Every day | Every
week | Every month
CronHere| 10 | N | N | Y | Y | Y
CronHere| 8 | Y | N | N | Y | Y

And so on. Anything that has a * would get a N in the cron job, while
anything that has anything but a * for the time would get a Y in the
results.

Can anyone give me some examples of how I might go about doing this with
ruby? Either doing it with pure ruby, or invoking awk within ruby is
fine.

Thanks!