> >beside that: I think That Tk.mainloop should be re-written in the ruby's
> >interpreter source, but who can do that ?
> >

> Now I don't think Thread.new { Tk.mainloop } looks ugly anymore.
> Perhaps in the future require 'tk' should implicitly start Tk.mainloop
> in background, so everything happens 'immediate', as in Tcl/tk, without
> explicitly starting Tk.mainloop.
>
> What do you think about it?
>
> Gergo

when entering Tk.mainloop, you don't exit of the loop, so it must be the
last instruction of your program. I suppose that's why ruby's Threads
works slowly with Tk.mainloop. And that's why I think that the events
loop should be integrated into the ruby's interpreter loop.

jf

--
/ Do you play go?             \