In combination with the rest of the RubyInstaller team, I'm
verypleased to announce the release of RubyInstaller packages for
Ruby1.9.3-p0
As usual, installer and 7z packages are available at
RubyInstallerwebsite and RubyForge for download:
http://rubyinstaller.org/downloadshttp://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=3D167
For verification, MD5 signatures of each file released are provided:
8e227cf0271b64ae518bc6f9bb1f3089
*ruby-1.9.3-p0-doc-chm.7zad1035b10b67c6a6978bcabfde0f9031
*ruby-1.9.3-p0-i386-mingw32.7ze6f7199ee77149c08ba55ff74f291e6f
*rubyinstaller-1.9.3-p0.exe
Installer is also digitally signed to avoid alterations and UAC warnings.
You can read Ruby's own announcement here:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/40527
=3D What's new?
Beyond what is covered by Ruby itself, we have our own set of improvements:
* Enhancements:=A0 * Add Ruby 1.9.3-p0 as default for `ruby19` task=A0 *
Upgraded rb-readline to version 0.4.1=A0 * Upgraded libffi to version
3.0.10=A0 * Upgraded OpenSSL to version 1.0.0e
* Bugfixes:=A0 * No longer leak LDFLAGS into sandboxed rbconfig.rb. GH-85
NOTE: If you're having problems to download or slow connections,
please add /noredirect to the URLs from RubyForge.

=3D RubyInstaller and version of GCC
It is important to mention that this version (along with all 1.9.2 and
recent 1.8.7 releases) uses
and requires GCC 4.5.2, which is the current version of our Development Kit=
.
Attempts to use previous versions of GCC (3.4.5) will not work and
generate random errors.
Also, users not using RubyInstaller DevKit but instead mingw.org GCC
4.6.1, bewarned that usage of -fno-omit-frame-pointer option is
required due some=A0changes
on how GCC deal with _setjmp.
Bug reports filled for those issues will be immediately closed.
--=20
Luis Lavena
AREA 17
-