> It's not an unreasonable decision to consider Clojure, but the rules
> it forces you to follow can also be followed voluntarily in Ruby.

I don't understand this. Ruby has no support for parallel execution
(except jRuby and similar platforms), so no matter what technics do You
apply - the program always will be on the single processor core.

As far as I understood there's a way to hack it, like EventMachine, but
it's a half-solution, it's useful only for limited problems dealing with
little computing load and lots of IO-waiting.

I honestly don't know why You ever should use Ruby Threads - it gives
You all the burden of concurrent programming complexity and gives in
return exactly nothing (except very specific cases like EventMachine).

Clojure otherwise - allows You to use all available cores and makes it
simple by applying modern approaches of dealing with concurrency.

It's not Ruby vs Clojure, I just want to point that there's no sense to
compare these tools, because they are different.