--001517592dfa9709b404b03484b3

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 7:15 AM, Leo M. <leo.mmcm / gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've got an issue.
> I tried to install Fink on my computer, and consequently Perl.
> I've got a Mac OS 10.7.
>
> Once I did that, I remember to have messed with the /sw/ directory, and
> since I did that, Ruby is not able anymore to find the gems I indicate.
>
> EG :
>
> e4r:/ e4r$ irb
> irb(main):001:0> require 'rubygems'
> true
> irb(main):002:0> require 'mechanize'
> LoadError: no such file to load -- mechanize
>  from /sw/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in
> `gem_original_require'
>  from /sw/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in
> `require'
>  from (irb):2
> irb(main):003:0>
>
> What's happening??? :(
>
> --

I also don't know anything about Fink, but if you look at the load error, it
says it's from the file
 /sw/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb

But on my computer (Mac OSX 10.7.1) that file is not located there.

$ gem which rubygems/custom_require
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb

So maybe Fink or something installed a Ruby for its own purposes and that it
got added to the load path in front of the system Ruby.

--001517592dfa9709b404b03484b3--