On 10/25/2011 12:30 AM, Jorge Bo wrote:
> Hi Chris, thanks for your answer
>
> Honestly, im just evaluating different approaches.I'm finding very
> interesting the Ruby metaprogramming model,i posted a crazy idea in a
> imposible to achive. But it could serve as a point of start.
I've read your proposal, and it immediatelly reminded me about openbsd's
securelevel(7). Wouldn't Openbsd count as an example, where a
potentially unsafe system is booted, and secured it has booted? Doesn't
it all depend on the kernel/interpreter?

Compare:
  http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=securelevel&sektion=7
With:
  http://www.rubycentral.com/pickaxe/taint.html

For me, it sounds quite comparable, 'same old procedure', and the same
result: "start an untrusted system and secure it afterwards...

Or am i missing something? (right now, that's quite possible *lol*)

Greets, Chris