On Oct 23, 2011, at 22:15 , Chad Perrin wrote:

> I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here.  Are you trying to
> make some kind of passive-aggressive point to the effect that you do not
> think it is useful for project maintainers to include information about
> where to find project information in announcements?

Yes, I'm being passive-aggressive by pointing out that you could have looked up the info yourself. But I'm especially passive-aggressive for writing a project responsible for 7700+ project releases whose announcements by default include all the information you are whining about. Bitch, please [1].

If you wanted to actually be effective you would have filed a ticket with the project pointing out that the release process needs to be modified to include this info. It directly communicates with the author in a persistent form that allows the author to do with it when and how they please. Instead YOU were passive-aggressive by whining on a general-purpose ruby mailing list about it. You know as well as I do that this is NOT the forum to resolve issues with third-party libraries.

[1] snaps excluded from plaintext medium for the sake of clarity.