On 10/23/11 10:23 PM, Ray DarkScythe wrote:

> 1.Re-arrange these characters in ASCIIbetical order: 2, u, A, 4, w, f,
> R, y
>
> here is my answer: I attach the rb file if you want to run it in command
> line.
>
> puts "type this:" + "2" + "u"+ "A" + "4" + "w" + "f" + "R" + "y"
> asci = gets.chomp.to_s
> if asci =="2uA4wfRy"
> else asci != "2uA4wfRy"
>       puts  "retype this:" + "2" + "u"+ "A" + "4" + "w" + "f" + "R" + "y"
>       asci = gets.chomp.to_s
> end until asci == "2uA4wfRy" #recycle if wrong input, I put this for fun
> puts "2, 4, A, R, f, u, w, y"
>
> I am not really sure if this is what the question looking for? I think
> it is looking for a automated ascii alphabetically (you know the math
> thing).
The question isn't asking you to write a program. It is only asking you
to sort the characters, and you've done that already.

When you learn about arrays, you'll learn about a method to sort it
automatically. :-)

> 2.The ASCII table contains all the characters in the keyboard. Use irb
> to find out wheter the characters "?" lies:
>
>   1. Before 0. #what lies he is looking for here.. I know how to use Irb
>   2. After 9 but before A.
>   3. After Z but before a.
>   4. After z.
>
> .....I check the ascii table so "Before 0" is this "/" =/ this is
> his number....After 9 is this ":" and before A is this "@" character, do
> my understanding correct?
"Lies" does not mean deception or falsehood here; "lies" means "is
located". It is asking where the "?" is located in the ASCII table. Try
running "?" < "0" on irb and let your truth value be your guide.