Hi, I am new to ruby and following some tutorial of "Daniel Carrera"
i already finish this overall tutorial answered the exercise and now
just reviewing the lesson.
here is the exercise that bothering me:
I understand the lesson conditional that (equal, greter than and so
on...)
the "a" > "R" = true

1.Re-arrange these characters in ASCIIbetical order: 2, u, A, 4, w, f,
R, y

here is my answer: I attach the rb file if you want to run it in command
line.

puts "type this:" + "2" + "u"+ "A" + "4" + "w" + "f" + "R" + "y"
asci = gets.chomp.to_s
if asci =="2uA4wfRy"
else asci != "2uA4wfRy"
     puts  "retype this:" + "2" + "u"+ "A" + "4" + "w" + "f" + "R" + "y"
     asci = gets.chomp.to_s
end until asci == "2uA4wfRy" #recycle if wrong input, I put this for fun
puts "2, 4, A, R, f, u, w, y"

I am not really sure if this is what the question looking for? I think
it is looking for a automated ascii alphabetically (you know the math
thing).

2.The ASCII table contains all the characters in the keyboard. Use irb
to find out wheter the characters "?" lies:

 1. Before 0. #what lies he is looking for here.. I know how to use Irb
 2. After 9 but before A.
 3. After Z but before a.
 4. After z.

.....I check the ascii table so "Before 0" is this "/" =/ this is
his number....After 9 is this ":" and before A is this "@" character, do
my understanding correct?

3.Using your experience the previous question, make a program that
accepts a character input and tells you if the character lines:

Before 0.
After 9 but before A.
After Z but before a.
After z.
Then try the program with the following characters:

    $, +, ?, <, -, ~, :, %, ^, {, [

Sample answers:
$ lies before 0 #...why $ this lies before 0? confusing...
< lies between 9 and A
- lies between Z and a
~ lies after z

...Now i don't get it or confuse, I know to input the "gets" method and
the conditional method. here is the site of that exercise, scroll down
at the bottom.
http://localdoc.scusa.lsu.edu/ruby/Tutorial/part_02/conditionals.html

Thanks for someone answering this question

Attachments:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/6700/asci.rb