Hello,

On 22 October 2011 23:55, Jorge Bo <jorgebo10 / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a student at the University and currently searching for a
> topic for my diploma thesis. I would really like to do something
> Ruby-security related. However, i dont have much knowledge about ruby
> security i think pehhaps those much involve in Ruby could give me an advice.

One thing where Ruby is lacking compared to PHP is user isolation on
shared web hosting.

This is less of an issue with full machine virtualization becoming
commonplace but still poses barrier to entry in implementing Ruby as
an alternative to PHP.

A good security topic might be evaluating security of shared PHP
hosting and either refute there is any security at all or implement
comparably secure Ruby plugin suitable for shared hosting in
Apache/nginx/other web server.

Thanks

Michal