> I was wondering what the differences between these two releases are. I wa=
> looking over the code and it does seem that macruby is sort of a fork of =
the
> MRI 1.9 release. Is this correct?

The MacRuby homepage ( http://www.macruby.org/ ) explains it pretty well im=
ho. In essence it lets Ruby run on the Mac OSX Objective C runtime (GC=2C e=
tc) and lets it access the various frameworks it exposes (Cocoa). In essenc=
e you can use it to write OSX apps without resorting to cross platform gui =
solutions like QT or wxWindows. Theoretically you could probably do it usin=
g MRI and C extensions but that's kind of painful.=20

- Chris
Twitter @cwgem
 		 	   		  =