Hi all,

In a modern C++ development environment (for example C++ Builder or
VC++ or Tornado 2 for VxW) the developer usually specifies include
directories in a friendly environment.  This is then added to some
makefile behind the scene and without specifying a path your source
code would then compile, make.  To include directories for lib header
files one uses include<> and to specify directories for your own files
one uses include "".

From the Ruby book (I have to admit I did not read the entire book), I
deduced that "require" in ruby does kind of the same thing as
"include" in c/c++.  I then tried to use the Hello world class (in
Hello.rb) given with the samples within another source file(in the
same directory) by specifying "Require Hello" - The same way I saw it
done in library files.  Upon trying to run my little program I got the
error that the file Hello could not by loaded(same directory???).

The code did do what it was supposed to do when class Hello was part
of my file
What was I doing wrong?
Could anybody give me an explanation of how to handle file
dependencies.

Thank you,

Werner