> Where is Ruby installed on your system?

Ruby is installed in the default folder: C:\Ruby192

Devkit is installed in 'C:\DevKit' (I merely followed the example from
the website with Devkit instructions.)

> Does the config.yml file
> generated by the DevKit setup match your installed Ruby?

I'm not sure what you mean by that but I tried opening the config.yml
file found in 'C:\DevKit' with SciTE and this is what it says:

# This configuration file contains the absolute path locations of all
# installed Rubies to be enhanced to work with the DevKit. This config
# file is generated by the 'ruby dk.rb init' step and may be modified
# before running the 'ruby dk.rb install' step. To include any installed
# Rubies that were not automagically discovered, simply add a line below
# the triple hyphens with the absolute path to the Ruby root directory.
#
# Example:
#
# ---
# - C:/ruby19trunk
# - C:/ruby192dev
#
---
- C:/Ruby192

> Do you have the operating_system.rb file as mentioned in step 4? Does it
> look right?

I can't find the operating_system.rb file.

From Step 4: "finally, ruby dk.rb install to DevKit enhance your
installed Rubies. This step installs (or updates) an operating_system.rb
file into the relevant directory needed to implement a RubyGems
pre_install hook..."

I don't even know what the 'relevant directory' is.
If it's the C:\DevKit directory, operating_system.rb is NOT there.

>If you're not sure, you could try posting that and your
> devkit.rb file here so we can review them.

In C:\Ruby192\lib\ruby\site_ruby , there is a devkit.rb , opened it with
SciTE, contents are:

# enable RubyInstaller DevKit usage as a vendorable helper library
unless ENV['PATH'].include?('C:\\DevKit\\mingw\\bin') then
  puts 'Temporarily enhancing PATH to include DevKit...'
  ENV['PATH'] = 'C:\\DevKit\\bin;C:\\DevKit\\mingw\\bin;' + ENV['PATH']
end

Thanks so much for your patience guys =)