On Oct 17, 2011, at 9:22 AM, Chuck Remes wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2011, at 10:57 AM, Jon R. wrote:
>
>> I have a Smalltalk background and have been working a lot with Ruby
>> recently.  With the similarities in the languages I have been able to
>> adjust pretty easily, but I find myself wishing I had a class hierarchy
>> browser.  Before I go trying to reinvent the wheel, has anyone making
>> one?
>
> I am not aware of one but a good place to look might be the Maglev project (Ruby on Gemstone).
>
> http://ruby.gemstone.com/

Tim Felgentreff has written a code browser and debugger you can download here:

  https://github.com/MagLev/webtools

The master branch works only on MagLev, but the refactoring branch is current work to make it run on other rubies as well (although not all rubies support all the features).

--
Peter McLain
pmclain / vmware.com