Hi.  I downloaded a tiny ruby app called EarGTD and I am trying to get
it to run at the command line.  It is a simple program consisting of
about four files. You can read about it here:
http://oreilly.com/pub/a/ruby/2007/06/21/how-to-build-simple-console-apps-with-ruby-and-activerecord.html

When I download and unzip the file, I get the following directory structure:

EarGTD/
    .DS_Store
    Rakefile
    data/
        test_ear_gtd.db
    earGTD*
    lib/
        ear_gtd.rb
    test/
        test_ear_gtd.rb

The entire contents of the earGTD file, which is the file which
launches the app, are as follows:

#!/usr/bin/env ruby
require "lib/ear_gtd"
EarGTD.connect
EarGTD.process_command(ARGV)

The problem I am having is that when I launch the app, I get the
following error:

<internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:in `require': no such file
to load -- lib/ear_gtd (LoadError)
	from <internal:lib/rubygems/custom_require>:29:in `require'
	from ./earGTD:2:in `<main>'

I understand that the earGTD is trying to load lib/ear_gtd.rb - which
is in the lib file in the same directory.  But for some reason the
ruby path loading system doesn't know how to find it.  I have modified
/etc/bashrc to put my current directory in the $PATH, but that didn't
make a difference.

If you can tell me what is going on, I would much appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jon