"Jesús Gabriel y Galán" <jgabrielygalan / gmail.com> wrote in post 1026892:
>>> words.
>>>
>>> Let us know how you progress.
>> How would I go about it, using the three programs described above. I
>> will try to follow your example with a longer poem of my own. Thanks
>> again for your help! I appreciate it!
>
> I guess, looking at the problem description, that you are learning
> Ruby and/or programming, and that this is some kind of exercise. So it
> would be wrong for me to give you a solution, since the purpose of an
> excercise is to learn by trying. Let us see what you have tried. Ruby
> has an interactive shell (irb) where you can try how all the functions
> work, so you can learn by trying and then apply that knowledge to the
> problem at hand. I recommend you take a look at these two pages:
>
> http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/String.html
> http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/Array.html
>
> and get familiar with the methods in the Array and String classes.
> This will help you solve many problems. In this specific case, I think
> you can solve your problem using String#split, Array#reverse and
> String#reverse. You will also need to know how to iterate an array:
>
> array = [1,2,3,4,5]
> array.each do |element|
>   puts element
> end
>
> will print
> 1
> 2
> 3
> 4
> 5
>
> With this knowledge and reading carefully the documentation of split
> and reverse, I think you can manage to solve the problem. If you have
> any specific question about methods or you get blocked by something
> you don't understand, let us know.
>
> Good luck !
>
> Jesus.

alright thanks for your advice and tips. I'm familiarizing myself with tring and the order of words. Is array applied in this problem or i'm I nly focusing on string?

Can I have the poem in ruby and then change the order using separate rograms or do I have to open the file through nano first and then in uby? If so how do I open a nano file using ruby? My current file is nano poem" to open it in ruby do I have to change it into a ".txt" ile. How would I do that?