On Oct 14, 2011, at 11:25 , Intransition wrote:

> On Oct 10, 3:42 am, Ryan Davis <ryand-r... / zenspider.com> wrote:
>=20
>> Version 0.0.1 (2010-10-10) -- your project is now 1 year old =
exactly... happy birthday!
>>=20
>> You're a vocal proponent of semver and you just hit version 14  which =
means you're doing 1 major/backwards-incompatible release every 1.1667 =
months. Now that this project is a year old, can you shed any =
perspective on any of that and how well it has worked?
>=20
> Why I have found myself drifting toward the idea of a "right shifted"
> semiver standard, where the first number is instead a subjective
> concept of the project's version. The second number is then "major",
> for releases with API changes, and the third "minor" (and basically
> merges with "patch") for releases lacking significant API changes. A
> forth number can be used for mid-development "build" or pre-releases.

For the same reason you start a question and end it with a period or use =
"forth" instead of "fourth". Likewise asking a question like this of =
someone who is diametrically opposed to your design and process ideas.