On Oct 10, 3:42=A0am, Ryan Davis <ryand-r... / zenspider.com> wrote:

> Version 0.0.1 (2010-10-10) -- your project is now 1 year old exactly... h=
appy birthday!

> You're a vocal proponent of semver and you just hit version 14 =A0which m=
eans you're doing 1 major/backwards-incompatible release every 1.1667 month=
s. Now that this project is a year old, can you shed any perspective on any=
 of that and how well it has worked?

Why I have found myself drifting toward the idea of a "right shifted"
semiver standard, where the first number is instead a subjective
concept of the project's version. The second number is then "major",
for releases with API changes, and the third "minor" (and basically
merges with "patch") for releases lacking significant API changes. A
forth number can be used for mid-development "build" or pre-releases.